Dog Joint Pain & Arthritis
Bernie's Perfect Poop can naturally assist dog Joint Pain & Arthritis
- An unbalanced gut can produce an excess of chemicals that trigger inflammation, which causes joint pain. Bernie’s Perfect Poop can help rebalance the gut which may minimize these harmful chemicals within your dog’s body, which can help reduce inflammation and thus joint pain.
- The 4-in-1 formula of fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes produces a balanced healthy digestive tract which rebalances the gut and in turn may reduce inflammation at the joints.
- Inulin Prebiotics may reduce inflammation and protect the joints. Preliminary studies have shown that inulin (which is included in Bernie's Perfect Poop) can reduce inflammation
WHAT IS DOG JOINT PAIN?
Joint pain is pain in movement of the joints: hips, elbows, lower back, knees or wrists. It is most often caused by inflammation at the joint. Signs of Joint pain in dogs can include:
- Difficulty getting up after lying down
- Lameness in one or more legs
- Large amounts of stool and more frequent defication
- Disinterest in jumping and running
- Difficulty climbing stairs
- Weight gain or changes in appetite
- Irritation when touched or petted
- House soiling
- Behavior Changes: Playing Less, Depression, Lethargy, Sleeping more than usual, unexpected aggression toward humans or other dogs
COMMON JOINT PAIN CAUSES IN DOGS
Joint pain is not a disease on its own but is a sign of any number of diseases or illnesses. It can be resolved based on its origin (where/how it began). If it is continual there may be some underlying illness that requires a Vet’s attention.
|Possible Cause of Dog Joint Pain||Can Perfect Poop Help?|
|Immune System Irregularities||YES|
|Injury to Ligaments|
|Lack of Exercise|
Ongoing joint pain can lead to chronic inflammation and eventually inability to physically and mentally function on a day to day basis. If symptoms of joint pain are continual please seek advice from your Vet.
Other Ways to Help
- Improve diet / nutrition
- Start a weight loss & exercise program (if overweight)
- Consider adding other supplements that have been shown to help joint pain such as glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and/or MSM
- Animal Welless - Fiber the Forgotten Nutrient
- Animalbiome - About Your Companion's Microbiome
- Targeting The Gut Microbiome To Treat The Osteoarthritis of Obesity
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Immune-mediated Polyarthritis (IMPA)
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
I just wanted to let you know that I am so impressed with your product. I have purchased everything and tried everything I possibly could to get my dogs poop firmer. I have been dealing with anal gland issues for a while now and I know what to do as far as firming up his bowel movements but NOTHING worked. I have spent hundreds of dollars on everything on the market and a week ago I purchased your product from Chewy and after being on your product I have had three days of the best poops. I am so happy I have found a product that finally works. Thank you so much for such a GREAT product. I know of three people I am going to recommend this too. - Louise H.
More Information About Joint Pain
What Joints Most Commonly Hurt in Dogs?
The hips, elbows, lower back, knees, and wrists are the most common joint areas affected by arthritis in dogs.
Inflammation Is a Key Contributor to Joint Pain
Joint pain is often caused by inflammation. Inflammation believe it or not can be helped by balancing the microbiome in the digestive tract. When the gut is in balance it may work together with the immune system to reduce chronic inflammation. If the Immune system (controlled by a balanced gut) is out of balance, either over-reactive or under-reactive, it may lead to chronic inflammation or higher risk of disease.
Fiber May Help with Inflammation (a cause of Joint Pain)
With diets being mostly high fat, high sugar, low fiber this can lead to a growth of inflammatory microbes in the Gut. It throws the gut out of balance. This unbalance in turn can change the immune system’s job to move away from the act of repairing and toward chronic inflammation causing joint pain.
Introduction of Fiber into the dog’s diet may aid in controlling diabetes and obesity, and controlling both of these may lead to reduction of inflammation and joint pain.
Prebiotics May Help Reduce Joint Pain Caused by Inflammation
Introduction of Prebiotics (a type of fiber that acts as a fertilizer in the gut to feed the beneficial bacteria) has been shown in studies to reduce inflammation and protect joints.