IBS and IDB in Dogs
Bernie's Perfect Poop Can Naturally Alleviate Irritable Bowell Syndrom (IBS) and Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in dogs
- The 4-in-1 combination of Fibers, prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes in Bernie’s Perfect Poop can balance the digestive tract. The gut and the mind are connected. One of the common causes of IBS and IBD in dogs is stress/anxiety. When the digestive tract is out of balance, stress and anxiety set in which in turn causes an unbalanced digestive tract that causes more stress/anxiety for the dog. It is a vicious circle. Bernie’s blend can calm the digestive tract by providing it with the balance it needs. This in turn will calm the mind and break this vicious circle. When the microbiome in the digestive system is balanced inflammation will be reduced, nutrients from food will be absorbed properly to feed the cells of the body, and the immune system will be strengthened.
- Fiber in Bernie’s helps to balance the motility (movement) of stool through the digestive tract. This regularity can help to reduce inflammation in the digestive tract and help to reduce stress and anxiety caused by constipation or diarrhea associated with IBS/IBD.
- The prebiotics and probiotics in Bernie’s Perfect Poop will aid in balancing the microbiome (good and bad bacteria) within the digestive tract. When the microbiome is balanced the immune system is strengthened and dogs are more able to combat infections that may be the cause of IBS/IBD
- Enzymes in Bernie’s helps by acting as a fertilizer for the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system and aid in allowing the body to absorb nutrients from the food that is eaten. When nutrients are absorbed properly a healthier overall digestive system and body is the result.
WHAT IS DOG IBS/IBD?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a condition/disorder affecting the large intestines/colon/lower digestive tract, that creates abdominal pain with either diarrhea or constipation. It can often be at times of stress, depression, anxiety, or prior intestinal infection.
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) is an autoimmune disease where the dog’s immune response can cause the immune system to invade and attack the dog’s own digestive organs.
Both are inflammation of the lining of the large intestines. Symptoms are often triggered by Food, Stress & Hormones; Common symptoms include:
COMMON CAUSES OF IBD AND IBS IN DOGS
The exact cause of IBS & IBD is unknown. Some things play a role include:
|Possible Causes of Dog IBS/IBD||Can Perfect Poop Help?|
|Inflammation in the digestive tract/intestines||YES|
|Changes in gut microbiome (bacteria)||YES|
|Stress and anxiety||YES|
|Medication use (antibiotics)||YES|
|Poor intestinal muscle tone and strength|
|Abnormal digestive tract nervous system|
|Consumption of human food|
|Consumption of non-foods from the environment such as chemical products|
If your dog has chronic, continual bouts of IBS or IBD after treatment, consult with your Veterinarian so they can check for underlying medical conditions such as tumors or infections. IBS is the body’s way of telling you that something is wrong and your dogs’ gut may be in trouble
Other Ways to Help
- Serve an earthy bland diet to balance out digestive functions
- Provide a fiber rich meal plan
- Avoid red meats, dark meats, dairy products, egg yolks, fried foods, breads, foods rich in fats, wheat, preservatives.
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Ask your vet about medications that can reduce inflammation. Antispasmodic medications can also help relieve intestinal spasms
- Bernies Blog: How To Help Dogs With IBS
- Canna Pet: IBS in Dogs
- Pet MD: Dog Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- I Heart Dogs: Does Your Dog Have IBS?
- Dog Nutrition Naturally: Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Leaky Gut
- Chrons Disease
- Chrons Disease
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
AMAZING PRODUCT! Our Great Dane always had trouble with his stomach, even when a puppy. We had to be extremely particular regarding what food we give him, how much, and when. There were always intermittent bouts of diarrhea. Pumpkin, enzymes, probiotics... things would help a little, but never very much. ENTER BERNIE'S PERFECT POOP!!! We followed the basic instructions and slowly added BPP to his regular food and, within just a week or so, our big boy started having regular, solid poops! He still has the occasional loose bowel if he gets ahold of something he shouldn't have, but, all in all, he's much, much more solid and more regular. To those who have dogs with the equivalent of IBS, I urge you to give Bernie's Perfect Poop a try! I think you'll be glad you did! - Stacy S.
More Information About Constipation In Dogs
Fiber May help dogs who suffer from IBS and IBD
Fiber can relieve some symptoms of IBS like constipation but increase intake of fiber gradually as it could cause increased bloating and gas if consumed to quickly or in large amounts. Consumption of fiber helps to regulate digestive functions. When the digestive tract functions like it should inflammation will be reduced which in turn will reduce irritation to the gut lining. A diet rich in fiber can help to bulk up the stool, slow down the motility (passage through the gut) of the stool, and provide a more balanced gut where the stool can pass easily through the system without diarrhea or constipation. Bernie’s Perfect Poop is made from nearly 50% fiber – miscanthus grass, pumpkin, and flaxseed – fibers proven to help dog digestion.
Prebiotics and Probiotics can help alleviate IBS & IBD in dogs
Prebiotics and probiotics may help with Irritable Bowel Syndrome by balancing out the microbiome in your dog’s gut. When the microbiome gets out of balance and there are more bad bacteria in the gut than good bacteria, your dog may be prone to bouts of IBS. Inulin, the prebiotic in Bernie’s Perfect Poop is very resilient to acid and therefore can make it down to the large intestines and act as a fertilizer for the good gut bacteria. This will help directly at the source of IBS in the large intestines/colon.
Probiotics Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Coagulans that are found in Bernie’s Perfect Poop are spore forming probiotics which means they can crowd out the pathogenic bacteria in the large intestine/colon. This allows the good bacteria to do their job and balance out the gut. These probiotics are also known to aid in growth of immune cells and will help to create a stronger immune system. This will help in fighting off infection that may cause IBS.
Enzymes may help prevent IBS & IBD in Dogs
Enzymes act by breaking down foods entering the digestive system. The breakdown starts with enzymes in the saliva in the mouth and continues down through the digestive tract. IBD results in improper food digestion and absorption of nutrients by the body. When enzymes are added to the diet, nutrients will be able to be absorbed into the cells of the body creating not only a well-balanced digestive tract but also healthier and stronger cells for balanced overall health.