Dog Food Allergies & Intolerance
Bernie's Perfect Poop Can Naturally Alleviate Dog Food Allergies & Food Intolerance
- Bernie’s 4-in-1 digestive supplement provides balance to the microbiome (good and bad bacteria) in the gut. As a result of a balanced digestive system, the gastrointestinal tract is better able to eliminate allergens as well as absorb nutrients the dogs need.
- A well-balanced digestive tract helps ward off all type of dog allergies - including food allergies. When a dog’s digestive tract is balanced, she has a strengthened immune system which can help combat food allergies.
- If your dog’s gastrointestinal tract is weak or unbalanced, partially digested food is allowed to pass through the weakened walls into the blood stream and a war wages: the immune system sends out histamines to attack those proteins and creates inflammation and a host of other symptoms to occur. Bernie’s helps to strengthen your dog’s digestive tract, which counteracts this response.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop is also non-GMO. GMO foods are on the list of common food allergens.
WHAT ARE DOG FOOD ALLERGIES & INTOLERANCE?
Dogs can have food allergies just like humans. Although, food allergies are not as common in dogs as people would like to believe. Only about 10% of allergies are food related.
The responses to those allergies can range for mild (itching and irritation) to severe. Dog allergies to food can begin at any age and can seemingly show up out of nowhere – even for dogs who have been eating the same food for years.
Common Signs of Constipation in Dogs includes:
- Scratching paws, face, back, ears.
- Excessive Gas
- Weight loss
- Chronic Ear infections (treated more than 2-3 per year)
- Bronzing color around the lips
- Dull Coat
- Red Underbelly
- Watery eyes
- Hair loss and hot spots
- Secondary yeast or bacterial infections of the skin/ears
COMMON DOG FOOD ALLERY & INTOLERANCE CAUSES
Dietary allergies are an overreaction of the immune system. When the immune system becomes overreactive. Food allergies trigger an immune response where the immune system attacks a food protein. When the body has an immune response cells in the body called histamines are released to attack that food protein and this causes itching and other symptoms.
If your dog has a food intolerance there is no immune response, but the signs and symptoms are very similar. A common example of this would is lactose intolerance. When a dog has an intolerance to lactose the response is often diarrhea. This does not mean your dog is allergic to lactose but rather has an intolerance to it. There is no immune response.
|Possible Causes of Dog Dietary Allergies||Can Perfect Poop Help?|
|An Unbalanced Gut||YES|
|Particles In The Environment||YES|
|Antibiotic Use at a Young Age||YES|
|Certain Breeds are More Prone to Food Allergies||YES|
|Exposure to the Same Food for Long Periods of Time||YES|
Dogs may have severe allergic reactions to foods. A severe reaction could be life threatening and my cause an anaphylactic reaction (throat closes off, unable to breath. If your dog shows any signs of not be able to breath please call an emergency animal hospital immediately.
If allergies go untreated or treatment is not helping, secondary infections may set in, more allergies may develop, your dog may have behavioral changes, and have a poor quality of life. If you see the symptoms of food allergies please consult with your Vet.
Other Ways to Help
- Change your dog’s diet
- Get your dog tested for allergies so you know what to avoid
- Try an elimination diet (feeding only one protein and one carbohydrate for 8-12 weeks) - consult your Veterinarian firs
- Relieve symptoms with medication – antihistamine or skin cream can help ease symptoms
- Bernie's Blog: Food Intolerance In Dogs
- Dos Naturally: 5 Signs Your Dog Has Food Allergies
- Pet MD: Dog Food Allergies
- NomNomNow: Dog Food Allergies
- Pet MD: Caring For A Dog With Food Allergies
- Healthy Pets: Protein Diets for Pet Allergies
- Dog Allergic To Food
- Dog Dietary Allergy
- Dog Allergies To Food
- Canine Food Allergies
- Canine Allergens
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
Less Farting & No More Weepy Eyes! My 2 dogs are generally healthy and eat a high quality, grain-free diet. Despite that, my more sensitive, allergy-prone pup regularly had gas and chronic weepy eyes. Since using Bernie'sfor a month, the flatulence has completely cleared up and the weepy eyes have gotten much better. Both dogs seem to like the flavor and eat it with gusto when we sprinkle it on their food! - Rachel
More Information About Food Allergies & Intolerance In Dogs
Common food ingredients that can be allergens for dog
Corn, wheat, rice, chicken, beef, eggs, potatoes, carrots, sweet potatoes, yams, peanuts, lentils, beans, peas, soy, milk, yogurt, cheese & Genetically Modified Foods (GMOS): soy, alfalfaz, corn, zucchini, yellow squash, canola, beets, milk, papaya
Fiber may help alleviate food allergies:
Fiber in a dog’s diet helps to balance out the digestive system. With a balanced digestive tract, the system strengthens and does not allow partially digested food to enter the blood circulation and as a result no war on those particles is waged.
Prebiotics &Probiotics may help with reduce dog dietary allergies:
Probiotics given at a young age may help by starting your pups off with a well-balanced digestive tract. A balanced digestive tract helps to strengthen the immune system and provide overall good health to your dog.
Inulin, the prebiotic found in Bernie’s Perfect Poop, is a long chain fatty acid that makes its way through the stomach and small intestine and once in the colon acts as fertilizer for the good bacteria. This will strengthen the gut and the immune system. Its all about balance.
Bacillus Subtilis and Bacillus Coagulans: the probiotics found in Bernie’s are spore forming probiotics and as a result aid the gut in crowding out pathogenic microbes in the gut creating a healthier stable digestive tract which strengthens the immune system.
Spore probiotics can stimulate key immune cells (macrophages, interferon, and natural killer cells to protect the digestive tract and ultimately the body from pathogens. The Bacillus species of probiotics are able to produce at least 24 different antibiotic compounds to naturally help build immunity.
Enzymes may help alleviate allergies in dogs
The job of enzyme is to break down food into nutrients the body can use to strengthen itself. Enzymes added to the diet may be effective in fighting allergies due to the fact that enzymes can break down proteins, which is what the immune response is triggered to fight. Enzymes also help to block the immune response to block the allergic reaction from happening. Supplementing with enzymes may help prevent allergies.