Dog Stool Odor
Bernie's Perfect Poop Helps Reduce Stool Odor
When your dog suffers from excessive stool odor, their digestive system is most likely not the healthiest. How can Bernie's Perfect Poop help restore good dog gut health and reduce stool odor?
- Good Dog Gut Health is essential for your dog's nutrient absorption and overall health. Without good dog gut health, your dog may experience stinky stool. They may also be at risk for illnesses, painful conditions, and weakened immune responses. Bernie's helps reduce stool odor by cleaning up your dog's gut health and making sure the poop is as odor-free as poop can be.
- A good, healthy dog gut moves food at the right rate and this helps prevent constipation and slow digestion in your dog. The perfect combination of Miscanthus grass, pumpkin and flaxseed in Bernie’s bulks your dog’s stool up in their gastrointestinal trace and cleans it more thoroughly as food moves through. Stinky bacteria that causes bad odor moves out with it.
- Bernie's combines prebiotics and probiotics to balance your dog's gut microbiome. When the microbiome in the gut is imbalanced, harmful bacteria takes over. The bad bacteria give off stinky gas, and when your dog's excrement is making its exit, it's coated in those gases. Pre- and probiotics help improve stool odor.
- Every cell of your dog’s body needs nutrients. The combination of enzymes in Bernie’s breaks your dog’s food down and helps the digestive system get nutrition to all your dog’s organs. This means your dog has less stool and reduced stool odor.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop is a 4-in-1 combination of fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes. Good dog gut health is the key to a happier, healthier life for your dog. Bernie’s helps balance the digestive tract and provide a better gut microbiome. Better gut microbiomes produce better-smelling dog poop and butt.
WHAT IS DOG STOOL ODOR?
Stool odor is defined as excessive odor when your dog poops. No poop smells like roses, but if your dog's stool makes you test your gag reflex every time you scoop the poop, they may be suffering from excessive stool odor. Healthy poop (and there is such a thing!) is of a good consistency and color, size and neutral odor. Yes, neutral odor (as dog poop goes).
Symptoms that accompany excessive stool odor are:
- Runny Poop
CAUSES OF EXCESSIVE STOOL ODOR
When your dog eats, their food starts a long journey through the digestive tract. In that journey, the digested food continues a path through the twists and turns of your dog's intestines and colon. If your dog's gut is not balanced, there's an excess of harmful bacteria with excessive smell and off-gas, and essentially takes the trip through the intestines with the poop. You can't miss extreme stool odor, and Bernie's can help reduce it.
|Possible Causes of Dog Stool Odor||Can Perfect Poop Help?|
|Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)||YES|
|Colitis / Irritable Bowel Disease / IBD||YES|
|Allergy to Food||YES|
If your dog's poop is so putrid that you gag and nearly lose your lunch every time you scoop the poop, you want to make sure that your dog isn't suffering from worms or parasites, and that they are free of any viral or bacterial infection. Excess fat in your dog's diet can give them pancreatitis and that can make their poop reek. You might want to consult your vet to be sure there's not a more significant issue at hand.
Other Ways to Help
- Consider adding fruits and vegetables to your dogs diet
- Make sure you're feeding a quality dog food
- Prevent your dog from eating and digesting junk food (what goes in affects what comes out)
- Remove allergens in your dogs food
- Be sure your dog is well hydrated
- Bernie's Blog: How Do I Make My Dog's Poop Smell Better?
- Good Housekeeping: Healthy Dog Poop
- ACK Pet: What To Do About Smelly Dog Poop
- Pheasants Forever: What Goes In Must Come out
- Stinky Dog Poop
- Dog Anal Leaking
- Dog Bad Butt Breat
- Gross Dog Poop
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
I cannot recommend this product enough! My two year old Doberman has been struggling with bouts of IBS & loose stool since the day he was born. I’ve tried so many different diets & supplements to no avail but as soon as I found Bernie’s & added it to his daily routine everything changed. He hasn’t had a flare up, loose stool, vomiting, NOTHING. It’s amazing. He barely passes gas anymore & his stool doesn’t even really smell. This is a life changing product. My pup & I are the happiest we’ve ever been! If your dog is having tummy issues order this!!! - Jessica P.
More Information About Dog Stool Odor
There's no doubt about it; good dog gut health means that you have a healthier digestive tract. The healthier your dog's digestive tract is, the healthier their body is. And when it comes to poop, the healthier their gut is, the healthier and less smelly their poop is.
Fiber may help with stinky dog poop.
The most common reason your dog's poop smells so horribly is because they lack enough fiber. Yes, even in that high-dollar food you feed, there's probably more a focus on good proteins than there is in the highest quality fiber in the quantities that really keep your dog's digestive tract clean. The right combination of soluble and insoluble fiber may prevent constipation and diarrhea, and fiber certainly helps clean the digestive tract out by bulking the stool up so it pulls out all the toxins it can as it travels in your dog's intestines and colon at a regular and healthy rate.
Prebiotics and Probiotics may help with dog stool odor
Prebiotics and probiotics are excellent supplements that aid in helping create good dog gut health. They balance out the digestive tract's bacteria and microbiome. Inulin is the prebiotic in Bernie's Perfect Poop, and it acts as a fertilizer to feed the good bacteria in the lower digestive tract. When the good bacteria get the proper nutrition, they thrive. When they thrive, the gut becomes more balanced and functions properly. Probiotics are the good bacteria in the gut. When we add good bacteria through supplementation, we help achieve good dog gut health with thriving , healthy bacteria that pushes bad bacteria out. Often, it's that bad bacteria overgrowth that causes such smelly off-gassing.
Enzymes may help with smelly dog poop.
Enzymes help the digestive tract break down the foods that your dog eats. Your dog's digestive system is detailed and involves several organs. The healthier that system, the better your dog's nutrient absorption will be. Malabsorption is a common cause of stinky poop, and this is because the food can't be broken down well enough for the nutrients to be absorbed appropriately. When it is absorbed as it should be, there will be fewer stool blockages that may have that bad, smelly bacteria stinking up your dog's poop.