Poor Nutrient Absorption
Bernie's Perfect Poop Helps Your Dog Absorb Nutrients Better
- Good Dog Gut Health is important for your dog’s nutrient absorption and overall health. If your dog is not able to absorb the nutrients from the foods you feed him because of poor dog gut health, he won’t be as healthy as he can be. He may suffer a host of issues that include malnutrition, stomach ache, diarrhea, vomiting and more.
- A good, healthy dog gut moves food at the right rate and this helps promote better nutrient absorption in your dog. The perfect combination of Miscanthus grass, pumpkin and flaxseed in Bernie’s gives your dog the fiber they need to balance the movement of food through their digestive tract, and give them optimal nutrient absorption.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop also combines prebiotics and probiotics to balance your dog’s gut microbiome. If your dog’s gut is imbalanced, they can suffer from things like severe diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), bacterial overgrowth and more. That can lead to poor nutrient absorption. The prebiotics and probiotics in Bernie’s battle for optimal dog gut health.
- Every cell of your dog’s body needs nutrients. The combination of enzymes in Bernie’s breaks your dog’s food down. When food is broken down appropriately, it’s better absorbed. This how your dog develops and maintains a good immune system. A healthy dog gut promotes your dog’s best nutrient absorption.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop is a 4-in-1 combination of fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes. Good dog gut health is the key to a happier, healthier life for your dog. Bernie’s helps balance the digestive tract and provide a better gut microbiome. Most illness starts or stems from the gut, and Bernie’s can help ward off illness by helping your dog absorb nutrients better.
WHAT IS POOR NUTRIENT ABSORPTION?
When your dog’s digestive system does not absorb all the nutrients from the food they eat, that’s poor nutrient absorption. For one reason or another, your dog’s body doesn’t break the food down for nutrient absorption, and that means they’re not getting all they could from the food you feed them.
When your dog doesn’t have good gut health because of poor nutrient absorption, you may see the following symptoms:
COMMON CAUSES OF POOR NUTRIENT ABSORPTION IN DOGS
Poor Nutrient Absorption in dogs is usually due to one (or more) of three key digestive problems: how they break food down, how they absorb food and how they transport food through their body. When there is a problem in the digestive system that affects any of these three processes, your dog may not absorb all the nutrients they should.
|Possible Causes of Poor Nutrient Absorption||Can Perfect Poop Help?|
|Inflammatory disorders: digestive system infection, allergies, digestive system trauma||YES|
|Shortened bowel syndrome due to surgical removal of a part of the intestines||YES|
|Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency||YES|
|Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS)||YES|
|Medication use such as antibiotics||YES|
|Breed or genetic disposition|
|Cancers of the digestive system|
If your dog cannot absorb the nutrients they should get from the food you give, their overall health and longevity is in jeopardy. If you see any of the symptoms listed occur in your dog, please consult your veterinarian.
Other Ways to Help Poor Nutrient Absorption
- Consider an elimination diet guided by your Veterinarian
- If cancer related: Surgery and possibly chemotherapy guided by Veterinarian.
- Try a Gluten-free diet
- Consider Dietary changes
- Look Into Enzymes replacement therapy
- Anti-inflammatory treatment (medications: steroids, H2 antagonists)
- Reduce Stress
- Prevent your dog from eating too fast
- Wag Walking: Lack of Nutrient Absorption In Dogs
- Dogs Naturally: EPI In Dogs
- Wag Walking: Dog Intestinal Malabsorption
- Malabsorption Syndrome
- Exocine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
- Bacterial Overgrowth In Dogs
- Failure To Thrive Dog
- Dog Vitamin Deficiency
- Maldigestion In Dogs
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
I am fostering a 10 year old Pit pup with severe digestive issues, liver issues, a heart murmur, and diabetes. She just doesn't seem to be absorbing any nutrients from her food. She is constantly hungry and eats everything she can find. When she first came to me, she had runny poop (and a WHOLE LOT of it), very light in color, and really stinky. After trying this product (and a raw diet), her poop has firmed up and is back to normal poop color. It still doesn't smell the best, but well, 2 out of 3 isn't bad! I can't attest to the flavor, but I would definitely recommend! - Alyce U.
More Information About Dog Nutrient Absorption
Treatment for poor nutrient absorption or malabsorption syndrome will depend on the main cause.
Fiber May help with poor nutrient absorption in dogs.
Fiber provides many benefits to dogs. When you increase your dog’s fiber consumption, you are enhancing their digestion. Fiber helps to regulate the time food lingers in the digestive system. When the rate at which food stays in the digestive tract is regulated, the body has sufficient time to absorb all the essential nutrients from the food. Good dog gut health is key to regulating that time, and ensuring the best nutrient absorption in your dog.
Absorption of nutrients takes place in the digestive system and when there is an imbalance within the digestive tract, some or all nutrients cannot be absorbed by the cells/organs of the body where they are needed. When the digestive tract functions properly, your dog’s body will absorb the nutrients it needs and your dog will experience overall good health. Scientifically, Bernie’s Perfect poop has the best source of fiber available for dogs with the best combination of soluble and insoluble fiber. This fiber is key for good dog gut health.
A diet rich in fiber can also help reduce various digestive system conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), acid reflux, etc. Fiber is wonderful at controlling and maintaining diarrhea and constipation, which can play a role in the proper absorption of the nutrients your dog’s body needs.
Prebiotics and Probiotics may help with nutrient absorption.
Prebiotics are non-living fiber. They nourish the probiotic bacteria found in the gut and intestines of our dogs. They stimulate the growth of good bacteria in the colon which in turn can improve dog’s overall health. They’re what helps give good dog gut health to your dog, and that translates to an overall better immune system.
The Inulin in Bernie’s Perfect Poop is one such prebiotic. Inulin has the capability to withstand the acid in the stomach and is able to make it to your dog’s colon where it is converted to a short-chain fatty acid. There it helps create good dog gut health because it inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria, acts as a source of energy for the cells of the colon, and preserves and maintains electrolyte and fluid balances. All of this helps your dog’s intestines move properly and in turn allows for better nutrient absorption and a healthier digestive microbiome. Inulin acts as a fertilizer for the microbiome of the gut and when combined with probiotics will help give good dog gut health with the growth of good bacteria. It keeps good bacteria active and improves the immune system through by controlling the overgrowth of control of the bad bacteria. That’s what often makes your dog’s digestive system malfunction.
Probiotics are living microbes that make up the digestive tract. They support a healthy immune system and can also help in absorption of nutrients in the colon. When the gut is balanced and the good bacteria are able to thrive, bad bacteria is kept out of the digestive tract. Probiotics work together with prebiotics in balancing your dog’s digestive tract. It’s when your dog’s digestive system is out of balance that it can become overrun with bad bacteria that prevents the absorption of nutrients from your dog’s food.
Together, prebiotics and probiotics help to maintain balance within the digestive tract. This balance can help to do many things, including the following: decrease inflammation in the digestive tract such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and inflammation caused by allergies, decrease inflammation associated with old age, promote longevity by reducing the amount of cell damage due to the aging process, build up and rejuvenate intestinal flora after antibiotic use.
Enzymes May Help with nutrient absorption.
Enzymes are also key factors in nutrient absorption for your dog. Enzymes help to break down the food eaten and allow for nutrients to be absorbed and used by the cells and organs of the body. Different enzymes help with breakdown and absorption of certain types of foods. Bernie’s Perfect Poop has a blend of Protease, Amylase, Cellulase, Hemicellulase, Lipase, Papain, and Bromelain. This combination helps with carbohydrate absorption, protein digestion and fat digestion. When the digestive system can break down and absorb the nutrients from the food that is eaten, your dog’s gut can supply the cells and organs of their body with proper nutrition, making them healthier and happier.