Bernie's Perfect Poop can naturally assist dog diarrhea
- The miscanthus, pumpkin & flaxseed fibers in Bernie's grass bits can aid in firming up and bulking stool by absorbing excess liquid
- The ratio of soluble to insoluble fiber in Bernie’s may help balance the gut microbiome (bacteria) which in turn may aid in well-formed stools
- The prebiotics and probiotics in Bernie’s may help to restore and balance the microbiome (bacteria) in the gut which are causing Diarrhea
WHAT IS DOG DIARRHEA?
Dog diarrhea is a condition of unformed or loose stools in which feces are discharged from the bowels frequently and in a liquid form. Common signs of dog diarrhea include:
- Water/ Loose Stool 3 or more times per day
- Unformed Stool
- Large amounts of stool and more frequent defication
- An increase of fluid in the stool
- Can be acute, periodic or chonic (happens all the time)
- Severe symptoms can also include: lethargy, fever, vomiting, dry skin, pale gums, weakness, dehydration & lack of appetite
COMMON DIARRHEA CAUSES IN DOGS
Diarrhea is not a disease in itself, but is a sign of many different diseases. Dog diarrhea can be associated with minor conditions that can be resolved quickly or may indicate a serious life-threatening illness.
|Possible Cause of Dog Diarrhea||Can Perfect Poop Help?|
|Fiber deficient diet||YES|
|Food allergies & intolerances||YES|
|Antibiotic & other medication use||YES|
|Infections, parasies, viruses & other illnesses||YES|
|Coprophagia (eating feces)||YES|
|Poor Diet - unhealthy ingreidents and/or by products in dog food|
|Eating human food, garbage or spoiled food|
|Eating undigestible objects (toys, rocks, sticks, plants, indigestible materials, bones, fabrics)|
|Ingesting Poisonous Plants & Substances|
|Lactose Intolerances (diary intolerances)|
|Stress & Anxiety|
If your dog's diarrhea last longer than 2 days with treatment, please see your Vet. If your dog shows other symptoms along with diarrhea such as lethargy, pale gums, weakness, etc. please see your vet as soon as possible. Diarrhea for extended periods of time could lead to dehydration and depletion of vital nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
Other Ways to Help
- Offer diluted (low-sodium) chicken or beef broth
- Offer Children's Pedialyte
- Make sure you dog has access to lot's of water
- Temporarily serve a bland diet that includes small amounts of boiled chicken (white meat) boneless/skinless or boiled beef with white rice.
- Loose Stool
- Unformed Stool
- The Runs
- Runny Stool
- Liquid Stool
- Enteritis (Inflammation of the Intestines)
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
I don't know what magic is in this stinky bag of stuff but boy has it been working great! Our Golden has had many gastro issues since we got him. At least once or twice a week he'd have horribly liquid stools, but no other issues. We've done numerous food changes, probiotics, dehydrated carrots, pumpkin.....everything we or the vet could think of to try. I saw this on Amazon and decided to give it a try. It's been a month since we tried this stuff and as they say......Perfect Poop It must taste ok too because he eats just as good as always. I hope it continues to work. I think it's magic so far! -- Jeanine
More Information About Diarrhea in Dogs
Diarrhea can be a common issue for dogs as they tend to eat things they shouldn’t and are susceptible to parasites and bugs.
Fiber Can Naturally Help Dog Diarrhea
Fiber can aid in bulking up the stool and absorbing excess liquid in the colon (which may prevent the onset of diarrhea). Bernie’s has Soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber slows digestion so is beneficial in managing diarrhea. Insoluble fiber helps to bulk up the stool – also beneficial in managing diarrhea.
How to Add Fiber To Relieve Dog Diarrhea
Fiber should be given beginning in small doses and gradually increased as too much fiber too quickly could cause diarrhea, stomach bloating, excess gas, and the like. (This is suggested in Bernie’s feeding instructions).
Prebiotics & Probiotics Can Help Relieve Dog Diarrhea
Prebiotics and probiotics aid the gut in becoming balanced in order to fight off parasites, bugs, and illness. Prebiotics aid by building up the good bacteria in the gut and stopping the overgrowth of bad bacteria which causes diarrhea. Probiotics replenish the good bacteria in dog’s digestive systems naturally and in a healthy way which helps to combat some of the causes of diarrhea.
Enzymes Can Reduce Dog Diarrhea Symptoms
Enzymes assist by breaking down food and aiding the gut in absorbing nutrients the body needs. They also increase the passage of food through the digestive system