Better Stool Quality
Bernie's Perfect Poop Helps Battle Ear Infections in Dogs
The quality of your dog’s poop is important. There really is such a thing as perfect poop and better stool quality in dogs means your dog’s overall health is better. How can Bernie’s Perfect Poop give dogs better stool quality?
- If your dog’s gut health is in check, they’ll have the poop you dream about. Firm, easy to pick up and just the right color. Better stool quality is an indicator that your dog’s microbiome is in shape and healthy. Better stool = better dog gut health and that’s better overall general health for your dog.
- A high-quality fiber is key for better stool quality. A premium fiber combination like that in Bernie’s Perfect Poop will help firm your dog’s stool up as it goes through his digestive tract. This perfect combination of Miscanthus grass, pumpkin and flaxseed in Bernie’s absorbs water and bulks stool up as it moves food through the digestive process, and this means better stool quality as an end result.
- Bernie's Perfect Poop also combines prebiotics and probiotics to balance your dog’s gut microbiome. When your dog’s gut health is as it should be, good bacteria (probiotics) prevent harmful bacteria from overgrowing and making your dog’s poop everything from rock hard to poop soup. The prebiotics and probiotics in Bernie’s encourage optimal dog gut health to keep your dog’s gut in shape and digestive health strong. Strong digestive health means better stools.
- Every cell of your dog’s body needs nutrients. That’s how they grow and thrive. The enzymes in Bernie’s Perfect Poop help break food down more efficiently, and that means your dog’s body can absorb more nutrition and have less waste that they need to poop. When your dog absorbs all the nutrition he should from his food, this poop is the perfect consistency, color and size and makes picking it up a breeze.
- Bernie’s Perfect Poop is a 4-in-1 combination of fiber, prebiotics, probiotics, and enzymes. Good dog gut health is the key to a happier, healthier life and poops for your dog, but also for you because better stool quality means easier pickups after potty breaks.
If your dog’s stool is consistently runny or consistently like rabbit pellets (or even a combination of both conditions) you should contact your vet and make sure there’s no metabolic disease or parasites. A bit of upset tummy and poor stool is one thing, but if your dog’s poop pattern is one that continually bowls you over with odor, slimy pickup or rock turds, your vet may want to do some additional testing.
Other Ways to Help
- Make sure your dog is hydrated
- Feed quality foods that include good fiber
- Find a dog food recipe your dog likes
- Feed smaller meals many times a day
- Give exercise to move things around in the colon
- Bernie's Blog Post on Better Stool Quality
- What Your Dog's Poo Can Tell You About Their Health
- Dog Diarrhea
- Is my dog constipated?
- Dog Constipation: Perfect Poop Every Time
- Colon Blow
- Enlarged Colon
- Hershey’s Syrup Poop
- Poop Strain
- Fecally challenged
- Rabbit Turd Poop
- Poop Soup
- Chocolate Hostage
WHAT OTHER PET PARENTS SAY
Our dog is the pickiest eater and had the worst gas - it was rancid! Bernie's helped her eat more regularly and the gas is gone. And of course the "perfect poops" started after just 4 days. THANK YOU! - Amelia
More Information About Stool Quality in Dogs
Good dog gut health is pivotal to overall health in your dog. If your dog’s gut is healthy, their digestive tract will be healthy. This means they’ll be able to absorb all they’re supposed to from their food, and pass the waste through their system with ease. It also means that you’ll be able to easily pick that waste up because it will be firm and not bowl you over with odor. Dogs with balanced guts are also less at risk for diseases or illnesses that may cause later problems.
Fiber may help improve dog stool quality
Fiber is important in improving your dog’s stool quality because it’s a regulator that keeps food moving properly through your dog’s digestive system.
High-quality fiber helps bulk up and solidify stool so that it moves through and is easier to pass from your dog’s digestive system. Fiber can help soak up water from outside of your dog’s colon to soften your dog’s stool for easier passing. This is why you want your dog’s poop to look like that beloved poop emoji—it means it had just the right amount of fiber to give it perfect form and consistency.
High-quality fiber also helps your dog’s body absorb all it is supposed to from the food you offer, and helps fuel probiotics that balance their guts. If your dog is not getting enough premium fiber, their guts are imbalanced, causing hard or runny stools. When your dog has the right fiber intake, their balanced microbiomes can ensure just the right consistency and nutritional absorption for optimal health.The right combination of insoluble and soluble fiber in Bernie’s helps prevent diarrhea, constipation and slow digestion.
Not all fiber supplements for dogs are created equal, though. Bernie’s uses Miscanthus grass. It’s a healthier alternative to other cheap fiber fillers some supplements use, and is an all-natural, non-GMO, grain-free, gluten-free fiber that is sustainably grown. It’s grown without herbicides or pesticides and is good for the planet and for our dogs.
Prebiotics and Probiotics may help with poor stool quality
Prebiotics and probiotics are the key elements to helping your dog’s gut health be at its best. Prebiotics and Probiotics balance out your dog’s digestive tract bacteria and microbiome. They’re like tiny colon warriors, always ensuring your dog’s poop moves through just as it should, without problem or pain.
The prebiotic in Bernie’s is Inulin. Inulin acts as a fertilizer to feed the good bacteria in your dog’s lower digestive tract. With the proper supplementation, good bacteria thrive and keep your dog’s gut healthy and balanced. A balanced gut is key to getting better stool quality from your dog.
Probiotics are the good bacteria in your dog’s gut. Adding that good bacteria through supplementation limits the growth and effects of harmful bacteria. When the good bacteria in your dog’s gut get the proper nutrition, they multiply and create a healthy environment. This means your dog’s gut becomes more balanced, and that your dog’s digestive system functions at its best.
Probiotics are the good bacteria in the gut that add that magic to your dog’s gut. Adding good bacteria with Bernie’s means we keep your dog’s digestive tract clean and moving along as it should, with an end product being just the right consistency and color.
Enzymes may help your dog have the perfect poop
Enzymes in Bernie’s Perfect Poop will help your dog’s digestive tract break food down better. When it comes to the perfect poop, this is vital. The food you give your dog is meant to be broken down so that their body can absorb nutrition and get rid of waste. If your dog isn’t able to break their food down as they should, they can’t fuel their bodies. Without proper nutrient absorption, your dog’s waste will likely be of poor quality because the digestive system was disrupted. The enzymes in Bernie’s help ensure your dog gets the most from the food you feed him, and helps your dog’s digestion. Better dog digestion means better stool quality overall.