Why Does My Dog Fart So Much
by Bernie's Best
August 5, 2021
The good news is you can help get rid of the stinky farts or at least lessen the frequency with a few changes.
What Causes Dog Farts?
Dog farts are hydrogen sulfide gas that is a by-product of digestion in the colon. The gas forms in the intestine or stomach causing your pet to pass the gas from their body resulting in a stinky fart. Frequent farting is caused by excess fermentation which is the breakdown of microorganisms, yeast, or bacteria.
What Causes Dog Farts?
Farting is natural and normal for dogs, it’s only when it becomes excessive should you take notice and act quickly. As a pet parent, you know your dog the best and will most likely pinpoint the cause quickly. Consider the following causes when determining your dog’s flatulence problem.
- Table scraps – You might sneak some table scraps to your dog or they might jump up and scoop them off your plate on their own. Consuming human food is a common reason for frequent farting in dogs. The most popular human foods that cause flatulence include dairy products, peas, soybeans, peas, spicy foods, and high-fat foods.
- Fast eating habits – Does your dog gulp their food down at a rapid pace? While this is surprising behavior is often humorous to watch, it could be the reason your dog farts so much. The reason is their race to finish their food in record-breaking time causes them to swallow a lot of air which creates more gas.
- Sudden changes to their diet - Switching your dog’s food quickly can lead to excessive gas. Introducing the new food in small quantities mixed with their old food will help lessen the risk of frequent farting.
- Poor quality diet – As a pet owner, you take pride in caring for your dog. Unfortunately, many pet parents are surprised when they realize they have been feeding their dog poor-quality food. Check the ingredients on the label of your dog’s kibble and canned wet dog food. If it contains, soy, wheat, or corn, consider changing their diet because these ingredients are carb-heavy fillers.
- Food allergies – Many dogs have allergies to specific ingredients in food. Symptoms of food intolerance include loose stool, gas, vomiting, weight loss, diarrhea, and lack of energy.
The ingredients include a combination of fiber, prebiotics, probiotics & enzymes that help the digestive tract to balance out. The specific amount of fiber in each morsel of Bernie’s Perfect Poop helps regulate stool movement which helps lessen or stop flatulence.
Bernie's Notes On DOG FARTING
Hi Folks! Bernie here to tell you I’m so happy I don’t fart anymore.
Well, every once in a while-which is a huge surprise to my siblings. My pawrents created Bernie’s Perfect Poop especially for me and I now share it with all my friends including you!
Always remember a balanced digestive system has less inflammation and irritation which is a sign of a healthy gut. Bernie’s Perfect Poop balances the microbiome and tastes great too!
You can stop farting too when you try Bernie’s Perfect Poop! Check it out at www.perfectpoop.dog today!
Wishing you and your bff healthy guts and no-runny butts,
Chief Dog Officer