How to treat your dog's upset stomach.
Dogs sometimes experience upset stomachs without their owners realizing there is a problem. Symptoms and signs often go overlooked until they become severe such as vomiting or diarrhea. As a pet parent, you need to observe your dog and become familiar with their normal behavior so you can quickly notice when subtle signs arise. The following information will help you understand the symptoms of an upset stomach and help you treat and prevent future digestive issues.
Symptoms of an Upset Stomach in Dogs
Your dog might be an excellent actor and hide their symptoms from you but if you know what to look for you will be able to treat your pet faster. The following symptoms are signs your dog is experiencing an upset stomach:
• Eating grass
• Stomach noises
• Smacking lips
• Licking surfaces such as carpets and floors
• Loss of appetite
• Passing gas excessively
• Guarding their belly
• Not participating in their usual daily activities such as walks and playing
• Weight loss
What is indigestion in dogs?
Generally, your dog’s diet is unvaried because you basically feed them the same food every day. Because they eat a simple diet it’s shocking to learn that your dog can experience gastric distress or an upset stomach. Indigestion is usually caused by eating too much food or the wrong food. Maybe your dog gobbled down their meal too fast or perhaps they ate something unusual while playing or walking outside. Click here to get a more detailed look at the causes behind indigestion in dogs.
Why does indigestion occur?
There are three key gastric issues:
1. Excessive stomach acid buildup – The stomach naturally uses acid to break down food into nutrients and waste. However, when the stomach produces too much acid it can lead to an upset stomach.
2. Inflammation of the intestines – The inflammation creates muscle contractions in the intestine that speed up the digestive process and doesn’t leave enough time for fluids to get absorbed. The inflammation often leads to diarrhea.
3. Inflammation of the stomach – When the stomach becomes inflamed it leads to muscle contractions that cause vomiting.
How to Help Your Dog
Improving your dog’s diet with complete and balanced nutrition is essential to treating and preventing an upset stomach. Also, measuring the portions you serve your dog to ensure it’s the same size every time helps prevent overeating and indigestion. Adding an all-natural supplement like Bernie’s Perfect Poop to your dog’s diet will supercharge their digestive system and help them feel better long term. Bernie’s Perfect Poop includes prebiotics, fiber, enzymes, probiotics, flaxseed, pumpkin, and miscanthus grass that aid in digestion and help maintain overall good health.
Bernie’s Smelly Poop Thoughts
Hey guys! Super huggable Bernie here to confess I haven’t always been this handsome 125 pound of fluff you see now. I used to be overweight and experience an upset stomach on a regular basis. Boy did I love eating!
Anyways, my pawrents noticed the symptoms of my upset stomach and decided to create Bernie’s Perfect Poop to help me feel better. This tasty cheddar cheese grass bit cleared up my symptoms, improved my digestion, and helped me lose weight naturally! Now I feel great and my tummy troubles are a distant memory. You can feel better too when you try Bernie’s Perfect Poop! Ask your pawrents to place an order today!
- Remember furry friends, health starts in the gut!
Until next time,