How to Get My Dog to Stop Farting
Wow! That stinks! If you have ever inhaled a tremendously stinky fart from your dog, chances are your eyes crossed, and you gasped for air! You might have been able to laugh it off at the time, but deep down as a pet parent, you are very concerned about your dog’s health.
A natural reaction to your dog’s frequent stinky gas bombs is to find a way to stop the farting. The following information will help you get rid of your dog’s excessive farting problem.
Common Reasons Your Dog Farts Excessively
Your little sir-farts-a-lot releases gas for many reasons. The following list will provide you insight into the cause that can be leading to your dog's excessive farting.
- Your dog swallows air when eating or drinking
- Poor diet
- Sensitive digestive system
- Garbage picker
- Eats too much people food
- Eats poop
- Gastrointestinal illness
- Consuming foods that are difficult to digest
- High-fat diets
- Milk products
- Expired food
- Allergies to ingredients in dog food
Pinpointing the Cause of Your Dog’s Excessive Farting
The first thing you need to do is find out if it’s something common causing the farts such as the information listed above. If any of the issues on the list above apply to your dog, it’s wise to do something to stop the cause.
Here are some excellent ideas to help stop the farting
- Inspect their diet – A poor diet or a diet that includes ingredients that are difficult to digest or causes allergic reactions is a common reason your dog farts. Take a close look at your dog’s diet. Does he or she eat too much people food, treats, or poor quality commercial dog food? Making improvements to your dog’s diet is the first step to preventing rapid stinky fart sessions.
- Remove common allergens – Your little stinky baby might be allergic to ingredients in their dog food. It’s difficult to pinpoint which ingredient, but the most common causes for food allergies in dogs are dairy, beef, egg, wheat, soy, lamb, pork, grain, gluten, fish and rabbit. Keep a close on your dog to see if their farting begins after consuming a meal. If so, possible allergies can be the reason, and you should consider changing their food.
- Visit a veterinarian – If a switch in dog food doesn’t cure your dog’s fart problems, you should visit a veterinarian to assure it isn’t caused by a serious health issue.
Taking Control of Your Dog’s Farts
Your little fart blossom probably experiences an uncomfortable tummy from time to time due to the excessive gas rolling around in their digestive system. Consulting with a veterinarian about the proper diet for your dog is recommended to prevent future issues and help heal your dog long term.
Helpful Digestive Support Supplements for Dogs with Gas
An easy way to help your dog stop farting is to start serving a helpful digestive support supplement. A quick way to do this is to include a high fiber formulation such as Bernie’s Perfect Poop to your dog’s daily meal. Bernie’s all-natural supplement contains premium dietary fibers such as flax-seed, pumpkin, and miscanthus grass to supercharge your dog’s digestion. The enzymes, probiotics, and prebiotics in Bernie’s Perfect Poop also help your dog digest and process food better, helping them feel better and ultimately resulting in less farting.
Constant farting is a sign your dog is feeling uncomfortable and experiencing digestive and gas issues. You can depend on Bernie’s Perfect Poop to relieve gas and get the job done!
Bernie’s Fart Thoughts
Hey guys! I have been proudly farting since I was a young pup! Surely my pawrents thought my farts were the cutest since they love me so much! But one day, I started farting too much and felt terrible in my tummy. I was very embarrassed and my pawrents seemed to think my farts stunk so bad they would gasp for air!
Luckily my pawrents knew exactly what to do to help me feel better; they created Bernie’s Perfect Poop and started to add it to my meals to help me consume more fiber. They were very sneaky about giving me the supplement because they thought I didn’t see them hide it in my food that day. At first, I was going to be stubborn and refuse to eat it, but then I accidentally licked the grass bit, and they tasted like cheddar cheese! So, I ate the whole thing! Boy were my pawrents proud of me! And guess what happened next? My farts went away!
Your farts can go away too when you try Bernie’s Perfect Poop supplements!
Poop smarter, not harder furry friends!
Until next time,